Blueshirts hope not to slip on Oil at the Garden (EDM at NYR 6PM)
Rangers had a terrible loss yesterday to the Leafs, time to move on.
Game 14: Edmonton Oilers at New York Rangers, Madison Square Garden – 6PM
Daily Faceoff’s Goalie Matchup
– Note click the Daily Faceoff link throughout the day for confirmed starters
Before we get into our regular pre-game sections, how do you make a bad loss worse? Lose to Edmonton! Yeah Rangers, don’t do that.
RANGERS TO WATCH
1. Alain Vigneault – Yes, the head coach makes the top of the list. Why you ask, well it is the second game of back to backs, so you have to watch how he distributes ice time – especially to those who look gassed. Keep an eye out on the Duclair and Hayes, they may see more action than they have recently.
2. Derek Stepan – He played over 17 minutes and looked good. How will his body respond to back to backs? His ice time and play is something to watch as well. I expect to see more production than last night.
3. Chris Kreider – CK20 has it going on. Watching him play, it feels like he’s on the verge of a very big game. The Oilers may just be the right victim.
EYE ON THE ENEMY
1. Jordan Eberle – The Oilers are down Taylor Hall, all pressure now lands squarely on the shoulders of Eberle. He’s has no points in his last 2 games but has 6 points in his previous 5. Let’s not leave him all alone out there.
2. David Perron – 1 goal on the year. Not much to be frightened of you say. He did pot 28 last year and as we know, goals come in bunches. Let’s not start tonight.
3. Benoit Pouliot – For no other reason than, he’ll have an extra step versus his former team. He has 1G, 3A, 4PTS and is a -5, $20,000,000.00 well spent Oilers.
Hockeydamus down! Last night’s prediction takes my record to 8-5.
I’m not going to hyperbole here. This is a game the Rangers should win and will!
NYR 4 – EDM 1