Igor Shesterkin closes out home stand against the Kings
Igor Shesterkin gets the nod in goal as the Rangers face off against L.A. at 6PM to close out the 4 game home stand. The team is 11 points out of a playoff spot with 2 games in hand, but it is getting late early as the old saying goes for the Blueshirts.
- All-Time: 70-48-16-4 (39-20-6-2 at home; 31-28-10-2 on the road)
- 2019-20: Today’s game is the second of two meetings between the Rangers and Kings, and the only meeting between the two teams at MSG. The Rangers have posted a 0-1-0 record (0-0-0 at home; 0-1-0 on the road), following the Kings’ 3-1 win on Dec. 10 at Los Angeles. Artemi Panarin recorded the Rangers’ only goal in the contest, while Kaapo Kakko tallied an assist and led all skaters with eight shots on goal.
- Mika Zibanejad – 11 GP, 4-6-10 – Zibanejad has recorded a goal and has posted a multi-point game in four of his last eight contests against the Kings (four goals, five assists in the eight contests).
- Artemi Panarin – 11 GP, 4-5-9 – Panarin has tallied a point in seven of his last eight games against Los Angeles and has registered eight points (four goals, four assists) over the span. He has also recorded a goal/point in each of his last two games against the Kings (three goals).
- The Rangers have posted a 16-6-0 record in their last 22 games which have immediately followed a regulation or overtime loss, dating back to Oct. 22 vs. Arizona. In addition, when playing at MSG in the game following a loss over the span, the Blueshirts have posted an 11-3-0 record.
Notes courtesy of the New York Rangers