Minnesota looks to go Wild on Rangers at MSG (MIN at NYR 7PM)
The Minnesota Wild are clicking on all cylinders in the the early going. That’s bad news for a NY Rangers team coping with injuries and a lack of cohesion. Tonight, the Wild head in to the Garden to grab two points from the Blueshirts.
Game 9: Minnesota Wild vs. New York Rangers, Madison Square Garden, Monday at 7PM
Daily Faceoff Goalie Matchup:
Rangers to Watch:
1. Rick Nash – The Beast of Broadway was held off the scoresheet in Montreal. Is this the start of a goal dry spell or can Nash cash in on a very tough opponent.
2. Marc Staal – He’s without defense partner Dan Boyle, who’s puck moving ability and on-ice smarts are sorely missed. Staal needs to pick it up as he and Kevin Klein seem to be off as a pairing.
3. Mats Zuccarello – I’ve put him on this list to raise an alert. If you see Mats Zuccarello please contact Madison Square Garden immediately.
Eye on the Enemy:
1. Darcy Kuemper – Just read this stat line and you will understand: (5 GP, 0.81 GAA, 4 W, 1 L, 3 SHUTOUTS, .966 SAVE%) It will take lots of traffic in front to beat this kid.
2. Zach Parise – He was a thorn with NJ so why would it change now. He leads the Wild with 7 POINTS in 6 GAMES.
3. Jared Spurgeon – He is a small and unassuming player for the Wild on defense, unless you have to face him on the PP. Spurgeon is only 5’9″ but can put up man-advantage points with the best of them.
My record is now 5-3, and I’m going against the odds here by picking the Rangers to win. However, it won’t be easy. Expect a nail-biter by the tune of 2-1. This is a game Lundqvist steals for the Rangers who will be outshot tonight by at least 5 or more.