Nash and Grabner out tonight for the Rangers
With the trade deadline less than four days away (February 26, 3 PM EST), the Rangers are taking precaution with Rick Nash and Micheal Grabner.
Grabner expected to be pulled from Rangers lineup tonight given trade talks happening… Rangers might potentially do same with Rick Nash.
— Pierre LeBrun (@PierreVLeBrun) February 22, 2018
Per Pierre LeBrun, both Nash and Grabner will not play tonight in Montreal against the Canadians.
TSN ranks Nash and Grabner number two and seven respectively on their trade bait list, and it is no secret that Nash and Grabner will be off the Ranger squad by the time the clock strikes three on Monday.
This could potentially mean that the Rangers are close to, or already have trades in place for both Nash and Grabner.
Let’s think about it: Nash and Grabner are both having great seasons with the Rangers. Playing them will only increase their trade value. Hockey is a dangerous sport, and injuries constantly occur. Taking Nash and Grabner out of the line-up prevents injury. The Rangers are doing the rational thing here.
Vinni Lettieri (who was called up earlier today), and Paul Carey will replace Nash and Grabner.
The game is at 7:30 EST tonight, and it is only a matter of time before a trade happens! Let’s go Rangers, and also, happy trade season!
Other information regarding tonight’s game against the Canadians:
- Rob O’Gara, who was acquired Tuesday, will make his New York Rangers debut.
- Alexander Georgiev will make his NHL debut in goal for the Rangers.
- Carey Price has sustained a concussion and will not play tonight for Montreal.
- Shea Weber will undergo surgery to repair a tear in a tendon in his left foot and will miss the remainder of the 2017-18 season.
- Antti Niemi will be in goal tonight to replace the injured Price.
- Noah Juulsen will make his NHL debut for Montreal.