New York Rangers prospect report gives a spotlight to North American kids
The New York Rangers have released their prospect report for March 8, 2021. In this edition the Blueshirts prospects from North America lead the way.
Below are excerpts from the official report provided to the media via the New York Rangers.
New York Rangers Prospect Report: North American kids doing well
Matthew Robertson (D – 19 y/o, 2nd Rd 49 overall 2019 Draft)
Season Stats – 4 GP, 0-4-4, +8, 6 PIM
- Tallied an assist, led all skaters with seven shots on goal, and posted a plus-three rating on Mar. 5 vs. Medicine Hat; led all skaters with six shots on goal on Mar. 6 at Medicine Hat
- Leads the WHL in shots on goal (23), is tied for second in the WHL in plus/minus rating (plus-eight), and is tied for fourth in the WHL in assists (four) in 2020-21
ZAC JONES (D – 20 y/o, 3rd Rd 68 overall 2019 Draft)
Season Stats – 22 GP, 6-11-17, +8, 6 PIM
- Recorded a goal in the shootout and registered three shots on goal on Mar. 5 vs. Maine
- Has tallied a point in 10 of the last 15 games (4-10-14)
- Has notched at least one point in 13 of 22 games this season; UMass has posted a 9-3-1 record in those 13 contests
“It was half-size and the 9 dads ran it for a couple years until it got too expensive and they had to close it,” Jones told Forever Blueshirts. “The rink had ice and everything. It was so much fun and I miss that rink. I wish it was still around today.”
MORGAN BARRON (C- 22 y/o, 6th Rd 174t overall 2017 NHL Draft)
Season Stats – 6 GP, 3-2-5, +2, 4 PIM
- Tallied a power play goal and tied for the game-high (led Hartford) with five shots on goal on Mar. 2 vs. Providence
- Extended his point streak to four games (two goals, two assists); has recorded a point in five of Hartford’s six games this season
- Leads the Wolf Pack in power play goals (two), is tied for the team lead in goals (three) and shots on goal (18), and is tied for second in points (five) and plus/minus rating (plus-two) this season
BRETT BERARD (C- 18 y/o, 5th Rd 134th overal 2020 NHL Draft)
Season Stats – 17 GP, 3-4-7, -3, 16 PIM
- Tied for the game-high with a single-game collegiate career-high eight shots on goal on Mar. 5 at UConn
HUNTER SKINNER (D- 19 y/o, 4th Rd 112th overall 2019 NHL Draft)
Season Stats – 20 GP, 7-8-15, -6, 15 PIM
- Registered two points (one goal, one assist) on Mar. 3 at Allen; recorded two points (one goal, one assist) and a team-high four shots on goal on Mar. 6 at Wichita
Kravtsov playoffs scoring highlights European Prospects
VITALI KRAVTSOV (RW – 21 y/o, 1st Rd 9 overall 2018 Draft)
Season Stats – 49 GP, 16-8-24, +8, 12 PIM
Playoff Stats – 3 GP, 2-1-3, -2, 0 PIM
- Registered a goal/point in each of the first two games of Traktor’s Conference Quarterfinals playoff series against Salavat Yulaev; tallied the first goal of the game in each contest
- Tied single-game KHL playoff career-highs with two points (one goal, one assist) and six shots on goal while skating in a single-game KHL career-high (regular season or playoffs) 24:19 of ice time in Game 2 of the series on Mar. 5
- Has recorded 17 points (nine goals, eight assists) in 29 career KHL playoff games
For the latest on when to expect Kravtsov read here.
LAURI PAJUNIEMI (RW 21 y/o, 5th Rd 132 overall 2018 Draft)
Season Stats – 33 GP, 13-13-26, +12, 26 PIM
- Recorded three assists/points and a plus-four rating in three games during the past week; notched two assists, posted a plus-two rating, and registered four shot attempts on Mar. 6 against SaiPa
- Has tallied a point in 20 of his last 26 games (12-12-24)
Editor’s Note: Thank you to the NYR for compiling this great info.
Catch up on the latest NHL Rumors
The Capitals headline today’s rumors.