Rangers vs Islanders: David Quinn has made the final call on the lineup tonight as both Chris Kreider and Jacob Trouba remain out. Ryan Lindgren who hit the stanchion after a collision with Cal Clutterbuck in the last game is also out.
Making his debut tonight will be Morgan Barron and Julien Gauthier is also being reinserted into the lineup with Brett Howden suffering a fractured foot. Tarmo Reunanen will take Lindgren’s spot on defense.
Rangers: 26-19-6 (58 pts)
Islanders: 30-15-5 (65 pts)
Alexandar Georgiev takes the Rangers into the final game at Nassau Coliseum
Per the NYR:
Alexandar Georgiev – 9 GP, 7-2-0, 1.70 GAA, .944 SV%, 2 SO – Georgiev has allowed two goals or fewer in seven of his nine career appearances against the Islanders, including one goal or fewer in five of those appearances, and he has stopped 238 of 252 shots in the nine contests. He stopped all 29 shots he faced to earn his first career NHL shutout on Nov. 21, 2018 against the Islanders at MSG. Georgiev has earned more wins against the Islanders than against any other opponent in his NHL career. In eight career starts against the Islanders, he has posted a 7-1-0 record, along with a 1.64 GAA, a .947 SV%, and 2 SO. Georgiev is one of five goaltenders in Rangers history who have registered at least two career shutouts against the Islanders (along with Henrik Lundqvist, Ed Giacomin, John Vanbiesbrouck, and Mike Dunham). Since his first start against the Islanders in his career on Nov. 21, 2018, Georgiev has earned more wins against the team than any other NHL goaltender.
The Nassau Coliseum opened in 1972 on Uniondale, Long Island and has hosted 131 Rangers vs Islanders classics with the last one on tap today. The Blueshirts 56-64-8-3 and would love to close out that building with one final victory.
INJURIES (84 Man-Games Lost to Injury)*
- Jacob Trouba (upper-body; day-to-day) – has missed five games
- Chris Kreider (lower-body; day-to-day) – has missed one game
- Brett Howden (fractured foot; out for remainder of season)
- Ryan Lindgren (upper-body; day-to-day)
Rangers Pregame Notes*
- All-Time vs Islanders: 132-120-19-10 (74-50-11-6 at home; 58-70-8-4 on the road)
- The Blueshirts are the only NHL team that has five players who have recorded at least 44 points in 2020-21 (no other team has more than three). New York is one of two NHL teams that have three players who have registered 20 or more goals this season (Pittsburgh).
- Beginning with the game following their loss on Mar. 11 at Boston, the Blueshirts have posted an 8-2-0 record in the game following a loss.
- Artemi Panarin and Adam Fox are each averaging at least 0.80 assists per game this season. The Rangers have only had two seasons in franchise history which a forward and a defenseman have each averaged 0.80 or more assists per game (1991-92 and 1992-93 – Messier and Leetch).
- Alexis Lafrenière tallied his 10th goal of the season on Apr. 27 vs. Buffalo. According to NHL Stats and Information, he became the fifth teenager to register at least 10 goals in a season with the Rangers in franchise history (Mike Allison, Alexei Kovalev, Filip Chytil, and Kaapo Kakko).
*Notes courtesy NYR
Get the latest rumors here.