Rangers hope to avoid the Blues tonight at home (STL at NYR 7pm)
No Stepan, No Boyle, No McDonagh, no Klein, No Moore, Maybe No Zucc – maybe No Problem? Let’s not kid ourselves, the Rangers are in trouble tonight.
Game 11: St. Louis Blues at New York Rangers, Madison Square Garden 7PM
Daily Faceoff’s Goalie Matchup
– Note click the Daily Faceoff link throughout the day for confirmed starters
NOTES FROM PRACTICE
#NYR Injury Update: @zuccarello36 did not take part in morning skate and is a game-time decision according to AV
— New York Rangers (@NYRangers) November 3, 2014
Ryan Malone has cleared waivers. He could be in the lineup tonight if Mats Zuccarello (leg) cannot play.
— Rangers Report (@rangersreport) November 3, 2014
RANGERS TO WATCH
1. Cam Talbot – Talk about having to shake off the rust quick! Talbot last played against the Maple Leafs in relief on October 12th. It’s been over 3 weeks since he last played in a game. In his only start versus Columbus he gave up 4 goals on 23 shots. Talbot needs a good showing here, otherwise we could be looking at an overworked Lundqvist by Thanksgiving.
2. Conor Allen / Dylan McIlrath – They are unlikely to be paired together but you never know. I’ve put them both here as one item simply because they are both being summoned to play under difficult circumstances and will be up against it versus the Blues.
3. Rick Nash – If the Rangers hope to be in this game, #61 is going to have to be a force. Unfortunately for him, the Blues know that and will put every effort to shutting him down.
EYE ON THE ENEMY
1. Vladimir Tarasenko – The kid is talented and looking as a huge breakout candidate in his third season. Even more bad news for the Rangers, he was just named player of the week by the NHL.
2. Kevin Shattenkirk – The local kid from New Rochelle will be pumped to play in front of family and friends. He is the Blues offensive catalyst from the blue line and has 3 assists in his last 3 games.
3. Alex Steen – He has 3 points in his last 3 games. Sure seems like a good game to rattle off a few more as the Rangers are hurting with 4 regular defenseman out and a struggling backup in net.
Rangers lost in a shootout to the Jets dropping my record to 6-4. Tonight, I’d like to pick the Blueshirts, but the deck is stacked against them.
It will take a full 60 minutes and an above average performance from Talbot to keep it close. However, all signs point to this being an easy win for the Blues.
I’m going 5-2 win for the visitors.