Rangers Roundup: Hank starts, Kreider game time decision, and more
The Rangers are taking on the Dallas Stars tonight and Henrik Lundqvist will be getting the nod in net after a stellar 1-0 shutout of the Red Wings. Here’s what else you need to know.
Chris Kreider skater and looked pretty good out there today. However, David Quinn sounded like he was doubtful that he’d play tonight, calling him a game time decision.
- All-Time*: 75-42-22-3 *Note: All-time record includes games against the Minnesota North Stars from 1967-68 – 1992-93
- 2019-20: Today’s game is the first of two meetings between the Rangers and Stars, and the only meeting between the two teams at MSG. Following tomorrow’s game, the Rangers and Stars will face each other on the following date: March 10th at Dallas
- Henrik Lundqvist – 15 GP, 9-6-0, 2.27 GAA, .926 SV% – Lundqvist has allowed two goals or fewer in 12 of his 15 career appearances against Dallas.
- Jacob Trouba – 21 GP, 3-10-13 – Trouba’s 13 career points against the Stars are tied for the most he has registered against one opponent in his NHL career. He has notched an assist/point in five of his last seven games against Dallas, registering six assists over the span.
- Ryan Strome – 13 GP, 2-6-8 – Strome has recorded a point in six of 13 career games against the Stars, and he has notched four points (one goal, three assists) in his last six games against Dallas.
- Artemi Panarin – 13 GP, 1-7-8 – Panarin has tallied six points (one goal, five assists) in his last 10 games against Dallas.
Notes courtesy of the NYR PR Dept.