The New York Rangers have released their prospect report for October 26, 2020. In this edition, Vitali Kravtsov’s two goals in two games since returning from injury is the spotlight.
Below are excerpts from the official report provided to the media via the New York Rangers.
Vitali Kravtsov shines again
- Vitali Kravtsov returned to Traktor’s lineup on Oct. 23 against Amur after missing seven games with an undisclosed injury, and he registered a goal, tied for the game-high with four shots on goal, and posted a plus-two rating in the contest. Kravtsov also tallied a goal, led Traktor with four shots on goal, and posted a plus-one rating in Traktor’s win on Oct. 25 against Amur. The Rangers’ first round pick (ninth overall) in the 2018 NHL Entry Draft has recorded 10 points (eight goals, two assists), a plus-eight rating, and 50 shots on goal in 13 KHL games with Traktor this season. Kravtsov has notched a point in eight of the 13 games he has played in 2020-21, including a goal in seven of the 13 contests.
- Yegor Rykov tallied an assist and posted a plus-two rating on Oct. 23 against Dinamo Minsk. He has registered six assists and a plus-seven rating in 18 KHL games in 2020-21. Rykov is tied for ninth among KHL defensemen in plus/minus rating this season.
Rangers Swedish prospects update
- Nils Lundkvist notched an assist and posted a plus-one rating in 22:44 of ice time on Oct. 22 against Leksands, and he tied for the game-high (and tied a single-game SHL career-high) with six shots on goal in 21:06 of ice time on Oct. 24 against Frolunda. The Rangers’ first round pick (28th overall) in the 2018 NHL Entry Draft has registered four points (two goals, two assists) and 26 shots on goal in 10 SHL games in 2020-21, and he has averaged 20:20 of ice time in the 10 contests.
- Karl Henriksson tallied an assist, recorded two shots on goal, and posted a plus-one rating in Frolunda’s win on Oct. 24 against Lulea. The Rangers’ second round pick (58th overall) in the 2019 NHL Entry Draft has registered three assists, 10 shots on goal, and a plus-one rating in 10 games with Frolunda in 2020-21, and he has averaged 14:39 of ice time per game in the 10 contests.
- Olof Lindbom stopped 39 of 41 shots and did not allow a goal at 5-on-5 on Oct. 24 against Kristianstads. The Rangers’ second round pick (39th overall) in the 2018 NHL Entry Draft has posted a 2-0-1 record, along with a 2.43 GAA and a .925 SV% in four appearances with Mora in Allsvenskan this season.
- Calle Sjalin established SHL single-game career-highs with five shots on goal and 22:49 of ice time on Oct. 24 against Farjestad (his 22:49 of ice time also led all skaters on both teams in the contest).
- Adam Edstrom registered two shots on goal and posted a plus-one rating while skating in a single-game SHL career-high 16:45 of ice time on Oct. 24 against Skelleftea. The Rangers’ sixth round pick (161st overall) in the 2019 NHL Entry Draft has skated in six SHL games with Rogle this season.
Note: We spoke with Adam Edström after his suspension. That interview will drop in the next 90 minutes.
Tarmo making a serious pitch to play with the Rangers
- Tarmo Reunanen recorded an assist, registered six shot attempts (four of which were on goal), and posted a plus-two rating while skating in a game-high 25:24 of ice time on Oct. 21 against KOOVEE, and he also logged 24:58 of ice time on Oct. 23 against K-Espoo. The Rangers’ fourth round pick (98th overall) in the 2016 NHL Entry Draft has registered four points (two goals, two assists), a plus-five rating, and 32 shot attempts (23 of which were on goal) in five games with TUTO Hockey in Mestis (Finland’s second-highest professional league) this season.
Thanks again to the NYR PR staff for gathering this great info. Read the complete report in the link below.