Vitali Kravtsov dazzles in latest New York Rangers Prospect report
The New York Rangers have released their prospect report for December 28, 2020. In this edition, Vitali Kravtsov and Brett Berard score highlight reel gems to lead the pack.
Below are excerpts from the official report provided to the media via the New York Rangers.
Vitali Kravtsov leads the way for Rangers Euro prospects
- Vitali Kravtsov registered a goal/point in two of three games during the past week (two goals). The Rangers’ first round pick (ninth overall) in the 2018 NHL Entry Draft has recorded 16 points (11 goals, five assists), a plus-six rating, and 88 shots on goal in 33 KHL games with Traktor this season, and he has notched at least one point in three of the last four games (two goals, one assist).
- Yegor Rykov posted a plus-one rating in 18:04 of ice time on Dec. 22 against SKA St. Petersburg. He has recorded eight assists and a plus-10 rating in 35 KHL games with CSKA Moscow this season.
- Karl Henriksson posted a plus-two rating and registered two shots on goal in 16:08 of ice time (the second-most he has logged in one game in his SHL career) to help Frolunda win its game on Dec. 26 against Linkoping. The Rangers’ second round pick (58th overall) in the 2019 NHL Entry Draft has posted a plus-two rating in each of the last two games.
“Yes, [the Rangers] have been in touch in the summer, sending me videos of players that I like,” Henriksson told us back in November. “I try to pick up things from their games. I’ve been working on my shot, skating, and being stronger on the puck.”
- Leevi Aaltonen posted a plus-one rating and logged 13:06 of ice time (his single-game season-high in Liiga in 2020-21) to help KalPa win its game against SaiPa, 3-0, on Dec. 27. The Rangers’ fifth round pick (130th overall) in the 2019 NHL Entry Draft has registered two assists and a plus-one rating in 11 games with KalPa in Liiga in 2020-21.
Brett Berard turns on the jets for a great goal to lead North American prospects
- Brett Berard made his IIHF World Junior Championship debut with the United States on Dec. 25 against Russia, and he registered three points (one goal, two assists), three shots on goal, and a plus-three rating in the United States’ second game of the tournament on Dec. 26 against Austria. The Rangers’ fifth round pick (134th overall) in the 2020 NHL Entry Draft became the first Rangers prospect to register a three-point game with the United States in the IIHF World Junior Championship since J.T. Miller in 2013, and he also became the first 18-year-old Rangers prospect to record a three-point game in the IIHF World Junior Championship (with any country) since Chris Kreider did so with the United States in 2010.
- Zachary Jones registered two points (one goal, one assist), both on the power play, and recorded three shots on goal on Dec. 23 against UConn. The Rangers’ third round pick (68th overall) in the 2019 NHL Entry Draft has tallied six points (three goals, three assists) in nine games with UMass this season, and he has notched at least one point in five of the nine games.
“K’Andre Miller and I hung out a lot during the WJC. We talked about how great the organization is and being part of the same team in the future,” Jones told us back in October. “He is a great player, great kid off the ice and gonna be one of the guys in the NHL next season. I got to learn a lot from watching him play.”
- Riley Hughes registered a power play goal and recorded four shots on goal on Dec. 26 against Vermont, and he also notched an assist and posted a plus-one rating on Dec. 27 against Vermont.
- Dylan Garand made his IIHF World Junior Championship debut with Canada on Dec. 26 against Germany, as he entered the game in relief at the start of the third period. The Rangers’ fourth round pick (103rd overall) in the 2020 NHL Entry Draft became the second goaltender drafted by the Rangers in the NHL Entry Draft Era (since 1979) to play for Canada in the IIHF World Junior Championship (along with Dan Cloutier, who did so in 1995).
Thank you to the NYR for compiling this great info. Link to full report below once available.
CLEARANCE SALE AT FANATICS! Plus Free Shipping!
Fanatics is having a 70% CLEARANCE SALE going on right now on New York Rangers gear! Get up to 70% off and use the code 99SHIP for free shipping with orders over $99!