A look at the Hartford Wolf Pack current contract statuses
The fast paced off-season continues for the New York Rangers organization after a disappointing finish to the 2022-23 campaign.
After the Blueshirts named their coaching staff, all eyes have shifted to the NHL Draft on June 28th and 29th in Nashville. That will be followed by the start of free agency on July 1st.
Looking at things from the perspective of the Hartford Wolf Pack, this will be another important summer for the club as they prep for another competitive season in the American Hockey League.
In addition to the players returning, management will have to fill a few holes left in Hartford either due to expiring contracts or likely promotions to the big club.
Depending on the players given qualifying offers, the defensive core could have the most changes with recently re-signed Zac Jones likely getting a chance to make the Rangers. Goaltending is set with both Dylan Garand and Louis Domingue staying with Hartford. The offensive group will have majority of players returning, with a few key cogs such as Jonny Brodzinski,Turner Elson, and Anton Blidh. Many of the prospects that gained valuable playoff experience will also be back and hungry for more postseason hockey.
There’s optimism that the Wolf Pack will return to the Calder Cup Playoffs next year and make another run. They have the main pieces in place to do so. If Hartford can bolster their offense and solidify the blue-line, it will bode well for the 2023-24 run.
Let’s take a look at the contract statuses of the players in Hartford.
Hartford Wolf Pack Contract Statuses
- Anton Blidh (Re-signed to two-year deal)
- Jonny Brodzinski
- Brett Berard
- Will Cuylle
- Adam Edström
- Turner Elson
- Karl Henrikkson
- Ryder Korczak
- Jake Leschyshyn
- Bryce McConnell-Barker (Will return to juniors next season)
- Matt Rempe
- Adam Sýkora
- Bobby Trivigno
- Blake Hillman (AHL Deal)
- Zac Jones (Re-signed to two-year deal)
- Matthew Robertson
- Dylan Garand
- Louis Domingue
- Olof Lindbom
Restricted Free Agents (RFAs)
- Lauri Pajuniemi (Signed overseas)
- Patrick Khodorenko
- Ty Emberson (10.2(c) ineligible for offer sheet)
- Libor Hájek (with arbitration rights)
- Brandon Scanlin (with arbitration rights)
- Cooper Zech (Signed overseas)
Unrestricted Free Agents
- Easton Brodzinski (Was on AHL Deal)
- Cristiano DiGiacinto (Was on AHL Deal)
- Tanner Fritz (Was on AHL Deal)
- Tim Gettinger
- Will Lockwood
- Ryan Lohin (Was on AHL Deal)
- C.J. Smith
- Ben Tardif (Was on AHL Deal, signed overseas)
- Adam Clendening (Was on AHL Deal)
- Louka Henault (Was on AHL Deal)
- Wyatt Kalynuk
- Parker Gahagen
For all the latest information about the Pack, follow Ricky on Twitter.