K’Andre Miller off COVID list, expected back tonight
K’Andre Miller has come off the NHL’s COVID protocol list and is expected to play in tonight’s contests against the Bruins. More likely than not, it will be Jack Johnson stepping out of the lineup to make way for the 21 year-old rookie.
Rangers vs Bruins
The Blueshirts face a Bruins team with key injuries on defense who played last night against the Islanders. In their previous game they were done in by too many penalties and lost 4-3 against the Flyers. However, there was more scoring from their top six, as Chris Kreider scored a hat trick and Mika Zibanejad had two assists.
Alexandar Georgiev will get the nod in this contest for the Blueshirts. In his last three starts he’s earned at least a point (1-0-2). The 24 year-old has proven to be a perfect backup and battles hard every game.
Rangers: 6-8-3 (15 pts)
Bruins: 11-4-2 (24 pts)
Pre Game Notes
- All-Time vs Bruins: 259-294-97-4 (149-125-55-1 at home; 110-169-42-3 on the road)
- Mika Zibanejad – 31 GP, 12-5-17 – Zibanejad’s 12 goals against the Bruins are tied for the most he has registered against one opponent in his NHL career.
- Pavel Buchnevich – 12 GP, 5-4-9 – Buchnevich has tallied a point in four of the last seven games against Boston (two goals, three assists).
- New York ranks fifth in the NHL in penalties drawn this season (83) and leads the NHL in penalties drawn per 60 minutes in 2020-21 (4.81).
- Adam Fox and Mika Zibanejad are the only two NHL players who are averaging at least 4:20 of power play ice time per game and at least 2:20 of shorthanded ice time per game this season.
- Ryan Lindgren has played in 82 career games with the Rangers, and the Blueshirts have posted a 43-31-8 record in those 82 games. He leads the Rangers in shorthanded ice time this season (50:07) and has been on the ice for only two power play goals against; he has logged 15:00 of shorthanded ice time over the last three games and has not been on the ice for a power play goal against over the span. Lindgren has not been on the ice for a power play goal against in each of the last 13 games.
READ NEXT: Rangers and the Trade Deadline
Check out the latest NHL rumors.