New York Rangers updated Stanley Cup odds after free agent frenzy
TheScore’s Alex Moretto updated next season’s Stanley Cup odds. Their Supervising Editor of Sports Betting has the New York Rangers tied for 11th with the Washington Capitals at +2500.
Here’s a look at his top 15:
|TEAM||ODDS (8/2)||ODDS (7/12)|
|Tampa Bay Lightning||+700||+700|
|Vegas Golden Knights||+850||+600|
|Toronto Maple Leafs||+1400||+1200|
|New York Islanders||+2000||+2500|
|New York Rangers||+2500||+2500|
New York Rangers moves so far this offseason
- 7/17 Acquire the rights to Barclay Goodrow from the Lightning
- 7/17 Trade Brett Howden to the Golden Knights for Nick DeSimone and a 4th rd pick
- 7/21 lose Colin Blackwell with the Seattle Kraken in the expansion draft
- 7/22 Sign Barclay Goodrow for 6 years and $21.85M
- 7/23 Trade Pavel Buchnevich to the St. Louis Blues for Sammy Blais and 2nd rd pick
- 7/28 Sign Patrik Nemeth for 3 years and $7.5M
- 7/28 Sign Jarred Tinordi for 2 years and $1.8M
- 7/28 Sign Greg McKegg for 1 year and $750K
- 7/28 Sign Dryden Hunt for 2 years and $1.525M
- 7/29 Sign Filip Chytil for 2 years and $4.6M
- 7/29 Acquire Ryan Reaves from the Golden Knights for a 3rd rd pick
- 7/31 Extend Ryan Reaves for 1 year and $1.75M in 2022-23
So far, all of Chris Drury’s moves have been to beef up the bottom six and balance the lineup. Barclay Goodrow is expected to play a prominent role on the third line.
Ryan Reaves fully changes the dynamic of the team bringing a level of toughness not seen in years. Sammy Blais is expected to also be a key player on a revamped 4th line.
The signing of Patrik Nemeth is to stabilize the Rangers third pair defense. He is expected to be paired with top prospect Nils Lundkvist, and will help mentor him.
However; the Rangers are likely not done and if they add Jack Eichel could move up the list fairly quickly.
Latest NHL Rumors
Here’s the Top 10 players expected to be traded this summer. Read more.