Nils Lundkvist tops this week’s New York Rangers prospect report
The New York Rangers have released their prospect report for October 12, 2020. In this edition, the Swedish prospects take center stage with Nils Lundkvist leading the way.
Below are excerpts from the official report provided to the media via the New York Rangers.
Lundkvist remains the top prospect in Sweden
- Nils Lundkvist tallied a power play goal and recorded three shots on goal while skating in a single-game season-high 23:56 of ice time on Oct. 10 against Brynas. The Rangers’ first round pick (28th overall) in the 2018 NHL Entry Draft has registered three points (two goals, one assist), a plus-two rating, and 18 shots on goal in six SHL games in 2020-21, and he has averaged 19:51 of ice time in the six contests. Lundkvist’s 18 shots on goal thus far this season are the third-most by an SHL defenseman.
- Oliver Tarnstrom tallied the game-winning goal in overtime in AIK J20’s contest on Oct. 10 against Brynas’ J20 team, and he also recorded the game-winning goal on Oct. 11 against Vasteras’ J20 team. The Rangers’ third round pick (92nd overall) in the 2020 NHL Entry Draft has split the start of the 2020-21 season between AIK in Allsvenskan and AIK’s J20 team in J20 Nationell, and he has recorded three goals/points in four games with AIK’s J20 team.
- Karl Henriksson tallied an assist and posted a plus-one rating in 15:33 of ice time in Frolunda’s win on Oct. 8 against Brynas. The Rangers’ second round pick (58th overall) in the 2019 NHL Entry Draft has registered two assists, five shots on goal, and a plus-two rating in five games with Frolunda in 2020-21, and he has averaged 14:48 of ice time per game in the five contests
- Olof Lindbom stopped 31 of 32 shots and earned a win in Mora’s 2-1 victory against Kristianstads on Oct. 8. The Rangers’ second round pick (39th overall) in the 2018 NHL Entry Draft has posted a 2-0-0 record, along with a 2.00 GAA and a .931 SV% (54 saves on 58 shots) in two appearances with Mora in Allsvenskan thus far this season, and he has only allowed two goals at even strength.
- Hugo Ollas stopped 27 of 28 shots and earned a win with Linkoping’s J20 team on Oct. 11 against Frolunda’s J20 team. The Rangers’ seventh round pick (197th overall) in the 2020 NHL Entry Draft has posted a 6-2-0 record, along with a 2.23 GAA, a .905 SV%, and 1 SO in eight appearances with Linkoping’s J20 team in J20 Nationell in 2020-21.
Other top prospects
- Tarmo Reunanen tallied a goal, registered 10 shot attempts (including five shots on goal), and posted a plus-one rating while skating in a game-high 24:33 of ice time in his first game of the 2020-21 season with TUTO Hockey in Mestis on Oct. 10 against KOOVEE. The Rangers’ fourth round pick (98th overall) in the 2016 NHL Entry Draft notched 19 points (five goals, 14 assists) and a plus-17 rating in 51 games with Lukko in Liiga last season.
In an exclusive interview with Tarmo, we talked about his decision to sign with TUTO. We also discussed how he is ready to join the Rangers as soon as they call.
- Yegor Rykov notched an assist and posted a plus-one rating in 17:06 of ice time to help CSKA Moscow win its game on Oct. 10 against Salavat Yulaev. He has registered three assists and a plus-eight rating in 12 KHL games in 2020-21, and he has posted a plus-nine rating over his last 10 contests.
- Adam Huska made 23 saves and earned a win in his first appearance of the 2020-21 season with HKM Zvolen in Slovakia on Oct. 11 against HK Dukla Trencin.
Trouble in Chicago?
Check out the latest at The Daily Goal Horn as the Hawks best players are upset with the recent moves.