Rangers Roundup: Igor Shesterkin practicing with Alex Ovechkin in Florida, Kravtsov and Andersson on expanded roster, and MSG celebrates 1994
Igor Shesterkin is getting into game shape. How is he doing so? Well, he’s only taking shots by arguably one of the greatest goal scorers in NHL history, Alexander Ovechkin.
Dima Mecajev posted several videos of the workouts in Florida that included former Rangers defenseman Darius Kasparaitis as well. Note, this is not at an NHL team’s facility so the maximum of 6 guideline does not apply. The guidelines are set by the state.
Rangers considering both Kravtsov and Andersson
Per the latest 31 Thoughts by Elliotte Friedman, both Lias Andersson and Vitali Kravtsov are being considered for the expanded roster.
The Rangers are looking at both 2018 first rounder Vitali Kravtsov and Lias Andersson, who went back to Sweden last season. Andersson is in the conversation because he played well there, and both sides are working hard to make sure the lines of communication are strong.
On Sunday, MSG Networks is going to dedicate their programming to the 1994 Rangers memorable championship run. Blueshirts fans can relive some of the most iconic moments in the franchise’s storied history. Highlights Include:
- In-depth player features that look back at the storied careers of Rangers legends Adam Graves, Brian Leetch, Mark Messier and Mike Richter
- An episode of “Connections,” featuring a candid, sit-down conversation between Graves, Leetch and Richter on everything from the mutual respect and admiration for each other, the passion of the fans and the surreal feeling after they won the Cup
- Re-airings of the championship-clinching Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals at 5:00pm and 8:30pm – Messier, Graves and Leetch, who was awarded the Conn Smythe Trophy for playoff MVP, all scored to lead the Blueshirts to a 3-2 victory over the Canucks and the Stanley Cup title
- A look back at play-by-play announcer Sam Rosen’s career covering the Rangers and his iconic on-air call after they won Game 7 – “This one will last a lifetime!”
- Replay of the team’s ticker-tape parade celebration down the Canyon of Heroes in New York City