Wolf Pack Weekly: Hartford ready to resume action on Sunday
After five straight postponed games due to COVID-19 protocol, the Wolf Pack look to resume their season this weekend.
Tentatively, the first game on the docket this week is against the Lehigh Valley Phantoms on Sunday afternoon at 3:05pm. The following week, Hartford will have another three in three weekend. They will first play the Phantoms in two straight games, a home and home series beginning this Sunday and ending next Friday. Then, Hartford will have a home and home series with the Springfield Thunderbirds.
ICYMI: Wolf Pack’s Winning Ways Continue
Check out my article from last week regarding updates on:
- Lauri Pajuniemi’s growth
- Zac Jones star performance
- Captain Jonny Brodzinski continues leadership and production
- Power Play heats up, penalty kill consistent
- Updates on Keith Kinkaid and Adam Huska (Prior to call up)
- Additional stats entering the week
Last Week’s Article: Wolf Pack Weekly: Hartford’s chase for first on hold due to COVID-19
COVID-19 Protocol Updates
In the Atlantic Division, conditions are improving this week with around the AHL. Hartford’s conditions are unknown as information is not released publicly.
The Providence Bruins began practice last Sunday after a five day shutout affecting the Bruins affiliate. Providence’s next scheduled game is this Friday against Belleville.
The Hershey Bears resumed practice as well last Sunday. For their group, it is unknown how many players are still in COVID-19 protocol. They are looking to resume playing this weekend.
- Adam Huska appeared in one game with the Rangers and was re-assigned to Hartford.
- Morgan Barron returns to Hartford.
- Keith Kinkaid was called up on Thursday.
Wolf Pack Schedule Update
The Wolf Pack return to game action on Sunday at 3:05 p.m. when they visit the Lehigh Valley Phantoms. The game can be seen live on NHL Network. The Pack is back at the XL Center on Friday, December 17th, when they host the Phantoms. Puck drop is set for 7:00 pm.Wolf Pack Press Release
The American Hockey League and Hartford Wolf Pack announced the club’s schedule modifications for the five postponed games. Below are the dates:
Hartford’s first action in December begins with a trip to the keystone state. Hartford has 54 games remaining on their slate.
Sunday, December 12th vs Lehigh Valley Phantoms (Philadelphia) at 3:05pm, PPL Center
- This is the second of six meetings in the season series. Hartford won the first game by a score of 3-1. This begins a home at home series as the third meeting will be in Hartford on Friday, December 17th.
- The Phantoms enter the week with a record of 3-11-4-1 for 11 points (.289), which ranks the club eighth in the Atlantic Division. Lehigh Valley is last in the Eastern Conference (15th) and lost seven straight (0-5-2-1).
- Veteran Garrett Wilson leads the team in points (11). The forward recorded four goals and seven assists in 18 games. The Phantoms are without their top performer Morgan Frost (15 points) as he is up with the Flyers.
- Listen – Mixr. Watch – AHLTV.
Yotes almost close to eviction. Blackhawks listening to offers, and Rangers should pursue Patrick Kane? Read more here.