NHL Roundup: Trade rumors heating up; Kucherov gets beer deal; and Kraken pre-season schedule
Now that the Stanley Cup is firmly in the hands of the Tampa Bay Lightning, the NHL trade rumors are heating up. Here’s a break down of some the top rumors.
Top NHL Trade Rumors
- Jack Eichel is as good as gone, and will be traded after the expansion draft. Teams still considered in on him are the Rangers, Ducks, Wild, and Golden Knights. Also mentioned but unlikely are the Flames and Bruins.
- Blackhawks ramping up to take a run at Seth Jones as it appears the Flyers are backing out. Apparently Jones is not willing to talk long term deal. Is that just a Philly issue or is it any team that will trade for him.
- Oilers have a take it or leave it offer for Duncan Keith on the table. Chicago refuses to retain salary, Edmonton responded by pulling players out of their deal and issuing an ultimatum.
- Vladimir Tarasenko deal won’t be easy for the Blues as he’s owed more money than his actual cap hit this season. The Islanders, Capitals, and Golden Knights are top landing spots.
- The Flyers looking to open up cap space are trying to work a deal where the Seattle Kraken take Jakub Voracek off their hands.
Nikita Kucherov signs with Bud Light after epic rant
Bud Light took notice when he began his press conference by chugging his beer and then pounding on the table. “Lets Go,” he said, looking very comfortable with his cap on backwards accompanied by a huge smile. That look is now going to make him the face of Bud Light to all NHL fans.
The beer company also released a statement that said:
“Bud Light will ensure Kucherov and his teammates continue having a legendary championship celebration by supplying all of the beer for the team at Champa’s Stanley Cup Parade on Monday.”
“After my Stanley Cup championship press conference, how could Bud Light not sign me onto their team,” Kucherov also said in the same statement. “I am excited to be part of the Bud Light team and can’t wait to celebrate our back-to-back championship with Lightning fans next week with some free Bud Light.”
Read more and watch the entire epic rant here.
Seattle Kraken release preseason schedule
The expansion Seattle Kraken announced their six-game preseason schedule Friday, including three “home” games to be played in arenas located across the state of Washington.
The Kraken will play at three Western Hockey League facilities, including the preseason opener on Sept. 26 against the Vancouver Canucks at Spokane Veterans Memorial Arena.