Rangers Announce Hockey Ops And Wolf Pack Staff Changes
The Rangers announced the following changes to their hockey operations department and additions to the Hartford Wolf Pack staff.
- Tuomo Ruutu and Former Rangers forward Tanner Glass have been hired as Assistant Directors of Player Development. This had been reported a few weeks ago and was covered on the site, but now the organization has made it official.
- Chris Morehouse has been named Director of North American Scouting. Morehouse was the Director of Amateur Scouting for the Blue Jackets in each of the last three seasons under John Davidson’s leadership.
- Marshall Davidson and Derek Ginnell have been named amateur scouts. Like Morehouse, Davidson and Ginnell were part of the Blue Jackets scouting department under Davidson.
- Amateur scout Steve Konowalchuk has been made a pro scout. Prior to joining the Rangers front office for the 2018-19 season, Konowalchuk was an assistant coach in Anaheim and Colorado and was the head coach of the WHL’s Seattle Thunderbirds.
- In Hartford, David Cunniff has been hired as an assistant coach and Chris Hoeler is the Wolf Pack’s Video Coach. Cunniff was an associate/assistant coach with the Iowa Wild for the last four seasons. Before joining the Blueshirts, Hoeler was the Director of Hockey Ops for the USHL’s Chicago Steel last season after being the video coach for the Harvard Women’s team.