Rangers set to play their 6500 game in franchise history
Get amped for a huge game in franchise history. When the puck drops at Madison Square against the Blues it will mark game 6500. Here’s some news and notes from today to get you ready.
Di Giuseppe with Mika and Buch
Phil Di Giuseppe has earned a shot to fill in Kreider’s role due to his comparative size, speed, and playing style. While he isn’t expected to score like Kreider, he will need to be a physical presence in the corners and in front.
“I love his pace. He plays a lot like [Jesper] Fast. He’s got that hardworking mentality. He gets to the net. He plays at a pace and he can create room for Buchy and Mika,” Quinn said. “We’ll start it that way [Tuesday] and see how it goes.NYPOST
Taylor Hall UFA Target
For those who want a jump on Free Agent Frenzy, here’s a post I wrote today.
Hall who can play center and left wing, would be most beneficial to the Rangers in the middle. He turns 29 next November and will command a full 7 years. However, his desire to play for a contender in a big city could play to the Rangers advantage. Does that mean a little less money? Will he not demand a full no trade? Remember the Rangers can front load any deal to entice a player of Hall’s caliber.READ ENTIRE ARTICLE HERE
Notes vs. Blues
- All-Time: 81-45-16-2 (48-14-6-1 at home; 33-31-10-1 on the road)
- Today’s game is the second of two meetings between the Rangers and Blues, and the only meeting between the two teams at MSG. The Rangers have posted a 0-1-0 record (0-0-0 at home; 0-1-0 on the road), following the Blues’ 5-2 win on Jan. 11 at St. Louis.
- Alexandar Georgiev – 2 GP, 1-0-1, 2.97 GAA, .924 SV% – Georgiev made 44 saves and earned a win in his last appearance against the Blues on Mar. 29, 2019 at MSG.
- Artemi Panarin – 15 GP, 4-12-16 – Panarin has tallied an assist/point in each of his last three games against St. Louis (six assists over the span), and he has posted a multi-assist/point game in two of the three contests. He has recorded an assist/point in seven of his last nine games against the Blues, tallying 13 points (two goals, 11 assists) over the span.
- Mika Zibanejad – 12 GP, 5-7-12 – Zibanejad has tallied a point in six of the last eight games (four goals, four assists) and in nine of 12 career games against the Blues. He has also tallied three goals in the last five games and four goals in the last seven games against the Blues.
Notes courtesy of NYR PR Dept