Report: Jack Johnson out with groin strain
New York Rangers defenseman will miss at least tonight’s game with a groin strain. The Blueshirts are looking to get back on track and Brendan Smith is most likely to be inserted into the lineup.
David Quinn recently addressed Libor Hajek and mentioned he’s like to give him a look also. The coach will address the media and the lineup at 5:30 PM.
Rangers vs Sabres
Tonight the Rangers will try and get on track when they take on the Sabres in Buffalo. They dropped another one goal contest (4 in row) with a 3-2 loss to these Sabres on Tuesday.
(7:00 p.m. ET – TV: MSG Network, Radio: ESPN 98.7 FM)
Rangers: 1-4-1 (3 pts)
Sabres: 3-3-1 (7 pts)
Pre Game Notes:
- All-Time: 77-79-25-5 (43-31-15-3 at home; 34-48-10-2 on the road)
- Mika Zibanejad – 25 GP, 3-14-17 – Zibanejad has registered a point in 12 of his last 19 games against Buffalo (three goals, 11 assists).
- Artemi Panarin – 13 GP, 5-8-13 – Panarin has tallied a point in eight of his last 10 games against the Sabres (five goals, seven assists over the span).
- The average age of a player on the Rangers’ active roster this season is 25.6 years old, which is the youngest in the NHL.
- The Blueshirts have outshot their opponent in each of the last five games, registering 172 shots on goal and allowing 122 shots on goal over the span. New York is tied for fifth in the NHL in shots on goal per game in 2020-21 (32.7) and has allowed the fifth-fewest shots on goal against per game in the NHL thus far this season (25.8).
- The Rangers have drawn 29 penalties and have taken 21 penalties through six games this season. New York’s plus-eight net penalty differential is tied for the third-best in the NHL in 2020-21.
Pre Game Notes courtesy of the NYR