New York Rangers prospect report highlights depth of pool
The New York Rangers have released their prospect report for November 9, 2020. In this edition, more prospects are added which highlights the deep pool of talent the Blueshirts have amassed.
Below are excerpts from the official report provided to the media via the New York Rangers.
New York Rangers prospect report: Russian prospects
- Vitali Kravtsov has recorded 10 points (eight goals, two assists), a plus-seven rating, and 58 shots on goal in 16 KHL games with Traktor thus far this season. The Rangers’ first round pick (ninth overall) in the 2018 NHL Entry Draft has notched a point in eight of the 16 games he has played in 2020-21, including a goal in seven of the 16 contests.
- Yegor Rykov has registered six assists and a plus-five rating in 19 KHL games with CSKA Moscow thus far in 2020-21.
- Nils Lundkvist has registered four points (two goals, two assists) and 26 shots on goal in 10 SHL games thus far in 2020-21, and he has averaged 20:20 of ice time in the 10 contests.
Latest on Nils Lundkvist as Lulea hit with positive COVID tests.
- Karl Henriksson has registered three assists, 12 shots on goal, and a plus-one rating in 11 SHL games with Frolunda thus far in 2020-21, and he has averaged 14:37 of ice time per game in the 11 contests.
- Adam Edstrom has recorded two points (one goal, one assist) and a plus-three rating in seven SHL games with Rogle thus far this season.
- Oliver Tarnstrom has tallied eight points (four goals, four assists) and a plus-six rating in 12 games with AIK’s J20 team in J20 Nationell thus far this season.
- Olof Lindbom made 31 saves in each of his two appearances during the past week, and he earned a win on Nov. 8 against AIK.
- Calle Sjalin has recorded two assists in 12 SHL games with Leksands thus far in 2020-21. He is tied for second among Leksands defensemen in assists and ranks third among Leksands defensemen in points this season.
- Jacob Ragnarsson posted a plus-three rating over three games during the past week. The Rangers’ third round pick (70th overall) in the 2018 NHL Entry Draft has recorded one assist and has posted a plus-seven rating in 13 games with Timra in Allsvenskan thus far this season.
- Hugo Ollas has posted a 7-1-1 record, along with a 2.20 GAA, a .906 SV%, and 1 SO in nine appearances with Linkoping’s J20 team in J20 Nationell thus far in 2020-21.
- Tarmo Reunanen joined HPK of Liiga in Finland during the past week; HPK’s next scheduled game is Nov. 13 against Assat. Reunanen also averaged 23:51 of ice time per game in the seven games he played with TUTO Hockey in 2020-21.
“I have no idea about the schedule but I am ready to leave immediately when everyhting is clear and I get the call from the Rangers. I hope things get well as soon as possible with the current COVID restrictions and we get things started soon!“Tarmo Reunanen
- Lauri Pajuniemi has registered one assist and 16 shot attempts (11 of which have been on goal) in four games with TPS in Liiga thus far in 2020-21.
- Leevi Aaltonen has registered one assist and 17 shot attempts (12 shots on goal) in eight games with KalPa in Liiga thus far in 2020-21.
North American prospects
- Braden Schneider was invited to Canada’s National Junior Team Selection Camp in advance of the 2021 IIHF World Junior Championship; the Selection Camp begins on Nov. 16 in Red Deer, Alberta.
- Matthew Robertson was invited to Canada’s National Junior Team Selection Camp in advance of the 2021 IIHF World Junior Championship; the Selection Camp begins on Nov. 16 in Red Deer, Alberta.
- Dylan Garand was invited to Canada’s National Junior Team Selection Camp in advance of the 2021 IIHF World Junior Championship; the Selection Camp begins on Nov. 16 in Red Deer, Alberta.
- Eric Ciccolini is expected to begin his sophomore season at the University of Michigan during the upcoming week, as the Wolverines are scheduled to play against Arizona State on Nov. 14 and Nov. 15. Ciccolini ranked second among Michigan freshmen in assists and tied for third among Michigan freshmen in points last season.
“I spoke to them on Friday (Draft Day) and got a sense they were interested in drafting me.”Eric Ciccolini
- Matthew Rempe is expected to begin the regular season with the Spruce Grove Saints of the Alberta Junior Hockey League (AJHL) during the upcoming week, as Spruce Grove is scheduled to play against Sherwood Park on Nov. 13 and Nov. 14.
Thanks again to the NYR PR staff for gathering this great info. Read the complete report in the link below.